Gastric cancer refers to cancer of the stomach. Signs and symptoms of stomach cancer may include:
- Feeling bloated after eating
- Feeling full after eating small amounts of food
- Severe and persistent heartburn
- Severe and unrelenting indigestion
- Persistent or unexplained nausea
- Stomach pain
- Persistent vomiting
- Unintentional weight loss
Stomach cancers are usually found when a person goes to the doctor because of signs or symptoms they are having. If stomach cancer is suspected, Dr. Bhatti confirms the diagnosis using a variety of tests:
- Blood tests
- Imaging tests (such as MRIs and CT scans)
If these tests confirm stomach cancer, Dr. Bhatti will stage (or determine the extent) of the cancer, often during the diagnostic tests.
If you experience any worrying symptoms, schedule an appointment with Dr. Bhatti to determine whether they are caused by gastric cancer or by other more common conditions. Dr. Bhatti will discuss the best treatment option for you. Dr. Bhatti is board-certified and has decades of experience treating patients throughout the state of Minnesota.
Request an Appointment