EUS stands for endoscopic ultrasonography. This procedure is used to examine the walls of your upper and lower gastrointestinal tract and organs near the gastrointestinal tract such as the liver, gall bladder, bile duct and pancreas, as well as lymph nodes. EUS provides more detailed images of your digestive tract than would be available with other tests. It can also be used to:
- Evaluate stages of cancer.
- Evaluate chronic pancreatitis or other disorders of the pancreas.
- Study abnormalities or tumors in organs.
- Study nodules and polyps on the intestinal wall.
With a detailed image of a lump or lesion, Dr. Bhatti can determine its origin and the appropriate course of treatment.
Contact Bhatti GI Consultants PA today to schedule your appointment for endoscopy ultrasonography in Chaska or Edina, MN. Dr. Bhatti has over 20 years of experience and has performed over 40,000 procedures.
- You MUST arrange a ride for the day of your exam. If you fail to arrange acceptable transportation, your procedure will need to be rescheduled.
- If you have diabetes, ask your physician for diet and medication instructions.
- If you are or may be pregnant, please discuss the risks and benefits of this procedure with your doctor.
- If you must cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call your doctor's office as soon as possible.
If you take aspirin or NSAIDS such as Advil, Motrin, Celebrex or Ibuprofen, you may continue to take them as usual unless otherwise instructed by your physician. You should discuss this with your physician in advance of the procedure. Ask your doctor for specific instructions if you take a blood thinner like Plavix, Pradaxa, Clopidogrel, Coumadin, Warfarin, Effient, Prasugrel or Lovenox.
Stop eating all solid foods no later than midnight. Clear liquids are acceptable to drink. Do not consume any red or purple liquids or alcohol.
- Gatorade, Pedialyte or Powerade
- Clear broth or bouillon
- Coffee or tea (no milk or non-dairy creamer)
- Carbonated and non-carbonated soft drinks
- Kool-Aid or other fruit-flavored drinks
- Strained fruit juices (no pulp)
- Jell-O, popsicles, hard candy
Not Clear Liquid:
- No red or purple items of any kind
- No alcohol
- No milk or non dairy creamers
- No noodles or vegetables in soup
- No juice with pulp
- No liquid you cannot see through
- Stop drinking clear liquids 6 hours prior to your exam.
- You may take all of your usual morning medications with 4 oz of water up to 3 hours prior to your procedure.
- Bring a list of all of your current medications, including any over-the-counter medications, with you.
Request an Appointment