An endoclip is a device used in endoscopy to treat gastrointestinal bleeding without the need for surgery and stitches.
Click to learn more about endoclips.
Procedure Instructions (Endoscopy)
- You MUST arrange a ride for the day of your exam. If you fail to arrange acceptable transportation, your procedure will need to be rescheduled.
- If you have diabetes, ask your physician for diet and medication instructions.
- If you are or may be pregnant, please discuss the risks and benefits of this procedure with your doctor.
- Please bring a list of all of your current medications, including any over-the-counter medications with you.
- If you must cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call your doctor’s office as soon as possible.
1 Week Before Procedure
If you take aspirin or NSAIDS such as Advil, Motrin, Celebrex or Ibuprofen, you may continue to take them as usual unless otherwise instructed by your physician. You should discuss this with your physician in advance of the procedure. Ask your doctor for specific instructions if you take a blood thinner like Plavix, Pradaxa, Clopidogrel, Coumadin, Warfarin, Effient, Prasugrel or Lovenox.
1 Day Before ProcedureStop eating all solid foods no later than midnight. Clear liquids are acceptable to drink. Do not consume any red or purple liquids or alcohol.
- Gatorade, Pedialyte or Powerade
- Clear broth or bouillon
- Coffee or tea (no milk or non-dairy creamer)
- Carbonated and non-carbonated soft drinks
- Kool-Aid or other fruit-flavored drinks
- Strained fruit juices (no pulp)
- Jell-O, popsicles, hard candy
Not Clear Liquid:
- No red or purple items of any kind
- No alcohol
- No milk or non dairy creamers
- No noodles or vegetables in soup
- No juice with pulp
- No liquid you cannot see through
Day of Procedure
- Stop drinking clear liquids 6 hours prior to your exam.
- You may take all of your usual morning medications with 4 oz of water up to 3 hours prior to your procedure.
- Bring a list of all of your current medications, including any over-the-counter medications, with you.