What is a Colonoscopy?
A colonoscopy is a procedure that involves the use of a colonoscope (a thin, flexible tube with a camera and a source of light at its tip) to examine the inside of the colon (large intenstine or large bowel). Most often it is done to investigate the cause of blood in the stool, abdominal pain, diarrhea, a change in bowel habit, or an abnormality found on colon X-rays or CT scans.
Individuals with previous history of polyps or colon cancer, as well as individuals with a family history of some types of non-colonic cancers or colonic problems that may be associated with colon cancer, may be advised to have periodic colonoscopies as they may be at greater risk for these dangerous issues.
Minnesota Colonoscopy Surgeon
Contact Bhatti GI today to schedule your colonoscopy. Dr. Ahsan Bhatti has more than 20 years of experience treating patients in Minnesota and has performed over 40,000 procedures.
Colonoscopy Procedure Instructions
Please follow the specific prep instructions recommended by your Physician. Click on a link below for specific instructions:
- RECOMMENDED: One-Day Colonoscopy Prep (Miralax/Magnesium Citrate/Gatorade)
- Alternative: One-Day Colonoscopy Prep (Colyte/Magnesium Citrate)
- Alternative: Two Day Colonoscopy Prep (Colyte/Magnesium Citrate)
- Alternative: Two Day Colonoscopy Prep (Miralax/Gatorade)
- Alternative: Colonoscopy Prep (Colyte/Reglan)